How to Get to Skymont
There are generally two routes to Skymont, from the West via Interstate 24 over Monteagle and from the East via SR-111 across Flat Top Mountain. These directions take the SR-111 route which is probably the best route for Scouts North East of Chattanooga. Travel time from the Hixson area is about 1.5 to 1.75 hours.
Take US-27 North across Soddy Lake and go left (North) onto SR-111. Continue on 111 for 25.9 miles, across Flat Top Mountain, across the Sequatchie Valley and up Cagle Mountain to SR-399. From Dunlap, continue on SR-111 for 8.5 miles to SR-399.
- Turn left (West) onto SR-399 at the Mount Pleasant Congressional Methodist Church. There is a sign for Savage Gulf State Park. Continue on 399 for 10.8 miles.
- Turn right (North) onto 108 at Layne Funeral Home. Continue on 108 for 7.2 miles.
- Turn right (North) onto 56. Continue on 56 North for 4.8 miles.
- Turn left (North) onto 108 after The Manor Bed and Breakfast Inn and continue for 5 miles.
Note: There is a Skymont sign past The Manor Bed and Breakfast Inn. Don’t turn on 108 South before The Manor Bed and Breakfast Inn.
- Turn left onto Cabbage Patch Road after mile marker 23. There is a Skymont sign there as well. Continue for 3.4 miles.
- Turn right into the Skymont entrance. Stay to the right at the split, unless you are going to the Winter camp.